Ep.15 - Clinical Teaching - Open Your Robe
December 03, 2019
Allan and Rob talk about learning in the clinical environment.
Main topics -
- The relationship matters
- Intentionality in clinical conversations
- What's the yield on your clinical questions?
Some interesting papers -
- Eva, Kevin & Regehr, Glenn. (2008). “I'll never play professional football” and other fallacies of self-assessment. The Journal of continuing education in the health professions. 28. 14-9. 10.1002/chp.150.
- Eva, Kevin & Regehr Glenn. (2007). Knowing when to look it up: a new conception of self-assessment ability. Academic Medicine : Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges. 2007 Oct;82(10 Suppl):S81-4. DOI: 10.1097/acm.0b013e31813e6755
- Debriefing with Good Judgment: Combining Rigorous Feedback with Genuine Inquiry
Rudolph, Jenny W. et al. Anesthesiology Clinics, Volume 25, Issue 2, 361 - 376
The show page is found here.